Bloom 2020 – COVID-19 Update
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact our communities and beyond, we have made the executive decision to postpone Bloom 2020. After careful consideration, we have decided that postponing Bloom is the best course of action to maintain the health and safety of the participants and staff.
At this time, it is uncertain how long this virus will last, so we have decided that it would be best to postpone Bloom until the fall. Dates will be determined at a later date as we continue to monitor the situation. We will continue to provide you with updates if any additional changes are made.
In the meantime, please continue to send in your applications to Bloom to be considered for our 2020 cohort.
We sincerely appreciate your understanding during this time.
God’s Called You to Lead
You’ve answered Him. Now its time to reach for the full potential He planted in you. Join 24 of Canada’s most promising emerging leaders at BLOOM: A three-day leadership development retreat on May 20-22th, 2020 @ The Muskoka Woods Leadership Studio.
Designed for emerging Christian leaders, 20 to 35 years old, who have been or are currently serving in a Christian church, ministry, or not-for-profit. Bloom will focus on personal and ministry leadership, with a goal to help leaders understand God’s unique calling, as well as developing Christ-like character and core competencies for practical and effective leadership. Ample time will be given to connect and build lasting friendships with your like-minded peers.
Cost: $200+ HST. Payment will be due upon application approval.
Date: May 20-22th, 2019 (Cohort 5)
Application Process: 24 applicants will be selected to attend Bloom. Please fill out the application form below. Application deadline is Friday, April 24th. All selected applicants will be notified by Friday, May 1st.
Venue: The Leadership Studio at Muskoka Woods.
Food & Accommodations: All meals are included in the registration cost. Attendees will stay at The Lodge, which is equipped with an ensuite bathroom, pair of duvet-covered twin beds, mini-fridge, coffeemaker, kettle, toaster, microwave, and dishes.
About The Leadership Studio: Within the space, you’ll find a hands-on art studio, 1,000-volume library, meeting room that doubles as a bookbindery and both indoor and outdoor amphitheater-style seating spaces. You’ll also find spaces for unwinding, and a central kitchen for baking bread and sharing meals, along with almost 1,000 acres of recreational space.
Over the course of the three days, attendees will participate in learning workshops and creative activities led by various Christian leaders and speakers. The curriculum will focus on four key areas that will help to lay a solid foundation for all leaders and provide you with practical resources/tools in your ministry endeavor:
- Formation – Creating a practical rhythm to care for your own soul through a disciplined life of spending time with God and being led by the Holy Spirit.
- Growth – Growing deeper in your understanding of how God has formed you, learning how to guard yourself from ministry burnout and ultimately cultivating a deeper passion for Christ and gospel advancement.
- Strategy – Learning how to practically lead yourself and those around you towards a common Christ-centred vision and goal. Developing tools to deal with conflict, change management and organizational growth.
- Discernment – Discern, hone and implement the unique vision and burden God has called you to in life and ministry.
- Momentum – Allowing your character development and competencies support the movement of your vision towards action and results
- Perseverance – Staying the course through times of uncertainty, stress and hardship. Keeping a balanced life through self-care and personal health.
- Peer Mentoring – Providing a safe space to connect with like-minded people to discuss challenges and share experiences that are unique to the life of an emerging leader.
- Peer Advancement – Creating lasting friendships and synergies that will spill out into new ministry opportunities for the future.
*Subject to change
Fill out the application form below to the best of your ability. We will contact you within the next two weeks with more information about your application status.